Friday, March 31, 2006

Deployed Soldier

Wheee, Sarge was ON FIRE yesterday!

I'd be a little pissed with the media too if I was in country. I am anyway. Civil War my ass. If you added up all the things the media has gotten wrong about the Iraqi campaign and reconstruction efforts, you'd have a pile of paper stretching to the moon. Bro-in-law (ironically enough, also an E5) is scheduled to go to either Iraq or Kuwait with his new unit, probably in June. Dude wants to do his 20 -- regardless of where they send him and what is asked when he gets there. The only 2 journalists I really trust on war reports (other than boots on the ground bloggers) are Mike Yon and author/columnist Ralph Peters. Both vets; we may be on to something here. The tragically deceased Mike Kelly was also a damn fine journalist as well.

No comments: