Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mall shooting

I've had several talks with family over the last two days - my cousin had intended to go X-mas shopping at the mall today with a friend. Obviously, that's not going to happen - the mall is closed until tomorrow I believe.

Even more disturbing, I just received a call from my mother. A family friend who I've known for years is a Von Maur employee and witnessed the shootings. Obviously, this changes nothing about the situation but my own perception of the tragedy, but the fact that a woman I know personally, in fact know her entire family - husband and son - could very well have been a victim herself is gut-wrenching. She had close personal friendships with three of the victims, and of course probably knew all of the employee victims.

Far, far too close to home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you.

Dana
Principled Discovery