Monday, September 11, 2006

9-11 & the War

Of course, today is the fith anniversary of the destruction of the World Trade Center and the loss of 2,996 innocent victims.

There is a project to commmemorate the victims here at the 2996 Project.

I don't usually schill for anyone, but this is one of those occaisons where I feel I have to, some of the people defending us and their families need the help of all of the rest of us to get by during or after their service. It is certainly the right thing to do, so if you are able, please contribute as generously as you can to any of the following organizations.

You can support our brave service personnel defending our freedom overseas and elsewhere today at the USO. I do.
Also see the good works that Soldiers' Angels does for our best and noblest and their families.

More importantly, for those who've made the greatest sacrifice and been injured or disabled on duty while defending freedom, see Help Hospitalized Veterans, Paralyzed Veterans of America, and Disabled American Veterans, all groups I personally support as well.

My sister sent me an email with my brother-in-law's new address. He has been serving at Camp Victory in Baghdad, Iraq since mid-August with the 86th Signal Battalion. We hope to have him home safe and sound around a year from now. Godspeed.

No comments: