Tuesday, November 07, 2006

If You Haven't Already, GO VOTE!

Just returned from doing my civil duty. First time I remember walking to the polls since my first election....in 1986. The five blocks ( I thought it was four) here are tougher than the ones back home (I live on a hill) and blogging is not condusive to staying in shape - I'm also not 18 any more.

Did not vote party line, but the majority of high offices went R. The economy is good, and I want it to stay that way. Voted against most of the local judges, an old tradition of mine dating back several years, mostly due to the fact that the majority of get re-elected anyway. Voted against the video keno amendment as well.

Looking forward to seeing the returns tonight and tomorrow on the national scene. While it looks like the R's may lose Congress, I'm think they hold the Senate, with the House so close it may not matter much. I read somewhere that if the Dems take the House, the Blue Dogs (read Sane Dems) will pretty much control the balance of power, if not the agenda (the Ranking Committee members on the D side of the House are pretty scary, not to mention PELOSI).

No comments: