Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Limbaugh on Hagel

Daivid Limbaugh skewers what is fast becoming my least favorite Nebraska Senator of all time, Chuck "Media Hound" Hagel.

"Someone needs to deliver Sen. Hagel and his like-minded congressional colleagues a memo explaining that the president is commander in chief and that he cannot be fired either by Congress or the people in the absence of committing high crimes and misdemeanors, which involve monumentally more than policy disagreements with the legislative branch. If anything, it is certain congressmen, not the president, who are exceeding their constitutional authority by attempting to usurp the president's lawful power as commander in chief."

Hopefully David's sixth grade civics lesson won't fall on deaf ears, but I doubt it. I've never regretted voting for anyone in twenty years of voting, until the last two years, but I sure do now. Hagel's quickly become an embarassment, both to his party and his constituents. I appreciate his service to his country in Vietnam (as I do John McCain's, and even John Kerry's, or for that matter, John Murtha's) but the fact a man served in an unpopular war forty years ago does not make him a military expert, does not make him a serious strategist, and does not make him a political stateman - despite what he may think of himself.

Bloviating to the press on national TV about Iraq being "just like Vietnam" is a sign of serious mental impairment, and completely discredits the man on other issues of importance to the nation. If he can't get his act together on the most critical issue of the day, then I certainly have to doubt it on all other matters that come before him in the Senate. If he runs again for the Senate, I will do everything in my meager power to make sure he doesn't get re-elected. I almost hope he runs for President and pulls a Vilsack after spending all his money on focus groups and political hacks.

No comments: