Friday, April 28, 2006

101st Keyboarders


Several bloggers (including the famous Frank J of IMAO) have started an informal organization/logo in reply to the oft-used left winger rant of "chicken-hawks" to describe those of us in favor of a strong foreign policy or the liberation of Iraq. As Ed Morrisey over at Captains' Quarter's puts it:

"Our friends on the port side of the blogosphere have had quite a time tossing around funny little nicknames for those of us who support the war on terror and use our blogs to express our convictions about it. We've seen the names here at CQ in the comments section -- the term "chickenhawk" has appeared more than once, and others in the blogosphere have assigned us to a unit called the 101st Fighting Keyboardists."

Of course, the wingnuts on the left don't seem to understand that to use the term Chickenhawk really shouldn't be derogatory. Chickenhawks are vicious predators, as has been pointed out by Ed:

"And why the chicken hawk? When we looked into it, it turns out that the chicken hawk is a pretty impressive predator. It's the largest of its family. This species vigorously defends its territory, getting even more aggressive when the conditions get harshest. It adapts to all climates. Most impressively, it feeds on chickens, mice, and rats."

Artwork courtesy of Chief (and short background story) here at Freedom Dogs.

I'll note for the record that I'm not sure I qualify, being a vet. Of course, I've been out of the service now far longer than I was ever in. But I really like the idea anyway, and this is my spot to sound off, so I am. I'll never be as eloquent as some people, particularly this fellow, who I wish would let us know he's alive, but I do the best I have with what little (especially time) I have.

No comments: