Monday, April 17, 2006

State campaigns & fundraising

From the OWH. Interesting that Ricketts keeps pouring his own cash into the campaign in an effort to (I guess) buy the primary and attempt to get the other candidates to say uncle. His explanation that Stenberg has spent $3 million on his last 7 campaigns and that Ricketts needs to play "catch up" really doesn't add up in my book, particularly when Stenberg has only $34K in his chest. I'm pleasantly surprised Kramer seems to be both raising not only signifigant funds but also husbanding his resources with $163K remaining. I expect a big push in the last few weeks of the campaign. I am warming to the Kramer camp but will wait to make any endorsements until (probably) the last week in April.

The article also discusses the fund raising efforts of the 3rd District candidates, with Adrian Smith's campaign far outreaching (almost 3-1) his opposition, probably due to the Club for Growth endorsement. I'm intrigued that Democrat Kleebs has more money than either Hanson or Vavrisek, but would also note that he isn't running against anyone in the primary.

No comments: