Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Rick Monday's Greatest Play

From MLB.

It was the 30th anniversay of Rick Monday's rescue of the American flag from a pair of hippies trying to burn it in the Dodger's outfield yesterday.

While I've never been a big fan of the Dodgers, and don't remember the incident, I have to give a lot of credit to Monday (and Tommy Lasorda) for their actions that day. It's really too bad the bums didn't give Tommy a reason. Monday's stature, in my mind, has taken a great leap upward. Even if he did play for the Cubs.

If everyone had the courage to stand up when misguided individuals start trashing the good old USA, we'd be a lot better off. Freedom of speech/expression is one thing, but I have every right (as well) to tell you where to shove it if I don't agree with your "statement".

No comments: