Friday, April 07, 2006

Morning Routine

Get up, get ready for work, put out the dog, drive to work, log in, get coffee, check email and calender, respond to email and do any work requiring immediate attention. Completed two things this morning, as a matter of fact.

Then the real work begins; catching up to the late afternoon/overnight news. Omaha paper, browse right-center magazine opinion sites Weekly Standard, American Spectator, National Review Online, then back to MSNBC, Fox, and the Lincoln paper for more news.

In a half to three-quarters of an hour, I'm caught up. Yes, I read fast, but am also very selective. Alot of times, I don't even read one thing at a site, just skim the headlines. I'm often amazed at how many "news" sites have the same damn feed from the AP or Reuters. For want of additional insight, you have to turn elsewhere.

Other sites I like and try to visit daily: TCS Daily, Townhall, and Real Clear Politics. If I have time and want more of a national news perspective, I go to the Washington Times or NY Post.

No comments: