Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mitt Romney

From MSNBC.

Mainly a fluff article, but I'm surprised it didn't mention the fact he's a Mormon. Like his education and immigration stances. A number of these type of pieces are floating around on potential Presidential candidates, particularly on the Republican side. Saw one on Hagel the other day, but I don't think he's really got any chance, but I could be surprised. McCain and Guliani appear to be the front-runners, although I think Romney and VA Sen. George Allen are also possible. I don't think Bill Frist excites too many people today either. KS Sen. Sam Brownback has also been mentioned.

Dems appear locked in on either Mrs. Clinton (who has a huge campaign chest, $17 milllion and counting), Al Gore, Kerry or Edwards. I'd like to see a dark horse emerge -- although NOT Howard Dean. Somebody with a least a little common sense. NM Gov. Bill Richardson for example, or Joe Lieberman. Heard VA Gov. Warner is exploring a run as well, not terribly familiar with him.

No comments: